10 Things for Your Thursday
1. It was 9 degrees in NYC this morning, but the weather app on my phone said it felt like -4. I don’t understand that. If it feels like -4, then can we just call it for what it is: negative 4? I offered to walk the dogs for Dave this morning so he could sleep in (insert applause and/or pat on the back here). When that cold wind hit my face I was sort of regretting going for ‘wife of the year’ but then when I watched Marley having so much fun in the snow, I couldn’t help but smile.
Meanwhile, Ob was wearing not one, but TWO jackets and she was still shaking like a leaf. I ended up carrying her half way home because she refused to walk. Ob is 40 pounds so I’m sure you can imagine the looks I got from strangers on the street as I passed them with Marley’s leash in hand and Ob on my hip.
2. I wish I could convey to you just how much Ob loves Atlas.
3. I saw the 8:20s again this week, but from the treadmill.
4. Speaking of birds (awesome transition, I know), Atlas got an exersaucer from my sister and he loves the birds on it. Can you tell?
5. I’ve got 2 new things for you to try.
Dave came home with that peanut butter pie ice cream on Tuesday night and I wanted to marry him all over again. It’s the little things that make marriage so wonderful (see #1). And those S’mashing S’mores are worth a try. I suggest buying 2 packages…just go ahead and save yourself the trip from going back at 9:30pm to get your fix.
6. I have an Insomina Cookie addiction. There. Cat is out of the bag. I said it.
I’ve told you guys about Insomina Cookies, right? They deliver warm cookies to your door in a pizza box. I decided to stop ordering them…you know, help our budget and my waistline and whatnot. I quit cold turkey. I was doing good too. I lasted almost 2 weeks…and by ‘2 weeks’ I really mean ‘a week and a half.’ Fine. I lasted 9 days. Okay? Okay! I relapsed last night though. I relapsed bad. I ordered a 3 day supply and convinced myself that was okay because it would last me a while.* I also ordered a sugar cookie for Ob & Marley. Nobody likes to eat alone. Anyways…they gave me an extra cookie either by mistake or because I’m a valued customer and my level of excitement was a tad bit ridiculous. Think Marley on a snowy day + Ob getting to wake up Atlas with kisses. Have you ever gotten an extra nugget in your meal at Chick-fil-a? It was like that, only 100xs better because it was a cookie.
If you want your faith to be encouraged, check out the book and/or sermon. And if you have anything you would like me to pray about for you, I would be happy to. You can always shoot me an e-mail. I love praying for friends. 🙂
8. I have big plans to take a Les Mills GRIT Plyo class tomorrow. It is a demo class and I’m both ecstatic and terrified to take it. Something tells me that 30 minutes will help my prayer life just as much as the stuff mentioned in #7. Annette promised me I’ll love it though. 😉
9. Atlas hates the carseat and recently he has started to even hate his stroller. Talk about helping your prayer life…travel 5 hours in a car with a baby who hates the carseat. It is impossible NOT to pray. But put that boy on a subway and he is either asleep in 2 minutes or fascinated by all the people.
10. This picture from our walk through Central Park last weekend never made the blog, but I just felt like it should.
*There’s a reason #6 doesn’t have a photo corresponding with it. That 3 day supply didn’t last quite as long as I hoped.