A Gift Guide for the Girly Girl
Happy Hump Day, friends! I’m coming at you today with another gift guide, tailored specifically for the girly-girl in your life. This post is for the girl who loves all things bows and ruffles and holds firmly to the belief that accessorizing is what separates us from the animals. I couldn’t help but think of my mom when I was putting this post together – she is one of my favorite people to shop for because she is so feminine and she loves accessories!
I hope this post helps inspire you as you pick out gifts for your girlfriends this Christmas and as always, I would love to hear your ideas in the comments below! You guys always have the best ideas.
- Cute Cosmetic Case: My mom and sister both use these cosmetic bags by Henri Bendels and I think they are the cutest! They are functional, as they hold a lot of make-up, and they make for the perfect travel bag! It is definitely on the pricey side (in my opinion) for a make-up bag, but I think any girly-girl would appreciate this gift!
- Girly Ornament: Some of my personal favorite gifts are ornaments I’ve received from friends and family. I love decorating my tree each year and pulling out ornaments that remind me of the person who gifted it to me. Some of the cutest girly ornaments that I’ve seen this year are this one, this one and this one! (I actually feel like Nordstrom’s should gift me that last ornament for the contribution I’ve made to their business this year. Dave, if you’re reading this – I know, you are not laughing. #confessionsofashopaholic)
- Glam Earrings: Since having my babies, I don’t wear a ton of jewelry but one thing I rarely leave home without is my earrings. I always joke that I feel naked when I’m not in earrings. I think earrings are a safe gift to give too because there’s no sizing involved and I’m confident every girly-girl subscribes to the notion that one can never have too much jewelry. I especially love this pair and this pair!
- Festive Phone Case: Dave got me an i-phone case from Henri Bendel’s last year for Christmas and I love it! It’s a gift I would never buy for myself, but I really appreciated receiving it. I love this kate spade one (because glitter IS my favorite color) and obviously I love this one because it is animal print. Think about what your girlfriend loves and then try to find a phone case to match her style. (Fun fact: I just realized while typing this up that I couldn’t buy myself a phone case if I wanted to because I have no idea what kind of i-phone I have. Is it a 5 or a 6 or a 7 or a 6s? Your guess is as good as mine. I didn’t know there was an i-phone 7 until about 2 minutes ago, so I’m pretty sure I don’t have a 7. Dave handles all tech related things in our house and I view phones like I view cars…as long as they work, I see no reason to replace/update them. The only thing I know is my phone is rose-gold because when we got our phones and I was presented with the options I quickly realized the only right option was in fact, rose gold. Duh. rose gold > black)
- Cozy Scarf: My policy on scarves is the same as my policy on earrings: You just can’t have too many (unless you’re a Florida girl, in which case you need 1 and I’m using the term ‘need’ lightly). A personal favorite of mine this year is this Free People scarf and I have it in ‘sand’, but I would love the pink one because it is gorgeous and would match so much! This plaid scarf is perfect for the holidays and less than $30 and if I didn’t already own 3 leopard print scarves I would totally put this one on my personal Christmas list. This color block one is also gorgeous and so is this one and this one (←I can totally see this red plaid one paired with red hunter boots and white pants for an adorable look)!
I also think beauty products make great gifts, but I quickly realized I could devote an entire post to beauty products alone so I’ll save those ideas for another day and another post.
Are you a girly-girl? If so, what gifts do you love receiving from your loved ones? Do share!
P.S. This post is going up late because my children are all, “What is naptime?” and I was having technical difficulties and now it is 2:24 on a Wednesday and I don’t know what I need more – a nap or a glass of wine. GAH! #realtalk