A Gift Guide for the Product Junkie
Hola! Today’s post is one that I enjoyed typing up a little too much. I’m sharing a gift guide for the product junkie! I’ve tried a lot (and I mean a lot) of products, so I feel quite qualified to write on today’s topic.😉💁🏻
Dave has been asking me for a Christmas list because he said he’s at a loss as to what to get me this year. I finally got around to making a little list for him last night and you guys…it was ALL beauty products with the exception of 4 things. He’s like, “There are 5 lipsticks on here…and 3 eye creams. Is this a typo?” He’s confused because I only wear make-up 3 days a week. Because hello! Motherhood. I tried to tell him my list was actually super strategic. I asked for sunglasses and eye cream and lipstick so I could look as put together as possible without actually doing a full face of make-up. Sunglasses to cover my face + lipstick to make it look like I put a little effort into my look = my go-to move.
Anyways, here’s my list of products I would give to the girl who is beauty obsessed!
- Hair Mask: I’m all about a good hair mask! There’s so many to choose from in all different price ranges, from Oribe’s gold lust transformative masque ($65) to Moroccan Oil’s hydrating mask ($16-$35) to Dry Bar’s mudslide mask ($15-$38).
- Face Mask: I’ve been using this face mask by Omorovicza and I really like it. I was given a sample of it to try and ended up liking it so much I requested another sample and then finally caved and bought it. I haven’t personally tried this mask by Philosophy, but the reviews on it are great and the price point can’t be beat ($25). GlamGlow is obviously known for their face masks and you can get 4 of them in a cute set for $69 right now, which is a great gift (and deal) for a girlfriend who wants to try all the masks.
- Perfume: I love receiving perfume and I have several favorites in my repertoire. I think this Jo Malone set would be an amazing gift to give because Jo Malone perfumes are meant to be mixed together. They smell good alone but when you mix certain scents they smell really good. If you just wanted to buy 1 bottle instead of the minis, I personally love the scent mimosa & cardamom and the english pear and freesia perfume. I almost bought this bath set while I was in Nordstrom’s this week and I regret not getting it. The scents in that set are on point and Jo Malone bath products are the best! (Rabbit Trail: Jo Malone makes a candle that is $470. You read that right. $470 dollars! Ya’ll, my candle obsession runs deep, but I don’t think I could light a match to something that is almost $500. CRAZY, right?! Can we all pause for a minute and think about how rich you have to be to burn a $470 candle? Okay. Moving on now…)
- Mini Lipsticks: Picking out make-up for someone is tough, unless you know them really well. But if you are going to pick out make-up for a friend, when in doubt, go nude. Wait…that came out wrong, didn’t it? I mean don’t pick a bold color unless you know they will love it. Nude lipsticks are pretty universal and I think these mini lipsticks by MAC are beautiful and would look well on most skin tones. I personally love the color Whirl – it is one of my go-to colors and I find it mixes well with other colors too (I use the Whirl lipliner too & love it). When you consider the price ($26) and the cute packaging, this gift is a no-brainer for the beauty lover in your life.
- The Make-up Eraser: What do you buy for the girl who has all the make-up? How about a product to help her take it all off! I personally wouldn’t mind if Santa put 1 or 2 of these make-up erasers in my stocking.
Where are my product junkie’s at? Leave a comment below telling me what product you would love to get under your tree this year! 🙂 Happy Thursday, girls!