Hola! Today’s post is one that I enjoyed typing up a little too much. I’m sharing a gift guide for the product junkie! I’ve tried a lot (and I mean a lot) of products, so I feel quite qualified to write on today’s topic.😉💁🏻
Dave has been asking me for a Christmas list because he said he’s at a loss as to what to get me this year. I finally got around to making a little list for him last night and you guys…it was ALL beauty products with the exception of 4 things. He’s like, “There are 5 lipsticks on here…and 3 eye creams. Is this a typo?” He’s confused because I only wear make-up 3 days a week. Because hello! Motherhood. I tried to tell him my list was actually super strategic. I asked for sunglasses and eye cream and lipstick so I could look as put together as possible without actually doing a full face of make-up. Sunglasses to cover my face + lipstick to make it look like I put a little effort into my look = my go-to move.
Anyways, here’s my list of products I would give to the girl who is beauty obsessed!
- Hair Mask: I’m all about a good hair mask! There’s so many to choose from in all different price ranges, from Oribe’s gold lust transformative masque ($65) to Moroccan Oil’s hydrating mask ($16-$35) to Dry Bar’s mudslide mask ($15-$38).
- Face Mask: I’ve been using this face mask by Omorovicza and I really like it. I was given a sample of it to try and ended up liking it so much I requested another sample and then finally caved and bought it. I haven’t personally tried this mask by Philosophy, but the reviews on it are great and the price point can’t be beat ($25). GlamGlow is obviously known for their face masks and you can get 4 of them in a cute set for $69 right now, which is a great gift (and deal) for a girlfriend who wants to try all the masks.
- Perfume: I love receiving perfume and I have several favorites in my repertoire. I think this Jo Malone set would be an amazing gift to give because Jo Malone perfumes are meant to be mixed together. They smell good alone but when you mix certain scents they smell really good. If you just wanted to buy 1 bottle instead of the minis, I personally love the scent mimosa & cardamom and the english pear and freesia perfume. I almost bought this bath set while I was in Nordstrom’s this week and I regret not getting it. The scents in that set are on point and Jo Malone bath products are the best! (Rabbit Trail: Jo Malone makes a candle that is $470. You read that right. $470 dollars! Ya’ll, my candle obsession runs deep, but I don’t think I could light a match to something that is almost $500. CRAZY, right?! Can we all pause for a minute and think about how rich you have to be to burn a $470 candle? Okay. Moving on now…)
- Mini Lipsticks: Picking out make-up for someone is tough, unless you know them really well. But if you are going to pick out make-up for a friend, when in doubt, go nude. Wait…that came out wrong, didn’t it? I mean don’t pick a bold color unless you know they will love it. Nude lipsticks are pretty universal and I think these mini lipsticks by MAC are beautiful and would look well on most skin tones. I personally love the color Whirl – it is one of my go-to colors and I find it mixes well with other colors too (I use the Whirl lipliner too & love it). When you consider the price ($26) and the cute packaging, this gift is a no-brainer for the beauty lover in your life.
- The Make-up Eraser: What do you buy for the girl who has all the make-up? How about a product to help her take it all off! I personally wouldn’t mind if Santa put 1 or 2 of these make-up erasers in my stocking.
Where are my product junkie’s at? Leave a comment below telling me what product you would love to get under your tree this year! 🙂 Happy Thursday, girls!
Hola & Happy Friday! You guys have left some great gift-giving ideas this week and I’ve added a few of your suggestions to my personal wish list!
Today I’m sharing another gift guide and it is focused on gifts for the fitness fanatic in your life! As always, I would love to read any gift ideas you may have in the comments below! Now let’s chat about what to buy for our girlfriends who love to sweat!
- Purity Cleansing Cloths: If you know someone who loves to workout, but doesn’t always have the luxury of showering immediately after their sweat session then these face wipes would make a great gift! I love them and use them on those days when I workout in the mornings but can’t shower until naptime (so you know, pretty much 5 days a week).
- Dry Shampoo: Because who has time to workout and wash their hair everyday? I love this one by Oribe, although it is a splurge, it has lived up to the hype and it smells like a million dollars. I’m also a big fan of this dry shampoo and this dry shampoo!
- Cute Gym Mat: You may remember seeing this gym mat pop up on the blog before. Dave got me this and I love it. It would make a great gift for the yoga lover in your life! The matching gym bag is also adorable if you have a girlfriend who brings a lot of stuff to the gym.
- Athleisure Pieces: Cute athleisure pieces can be a great gift for that person who wants to look like they just left the gym, but in reality they are just going to the grocery store. 😉 I tried these Athleta tights on several weeks ago and keep thinking about how amazing they were. Nothing haunts us in life like the things we didn’t buy, right? I also own these and love them and I think these are super cute! I’ve been eying this top from Carrie Underwood’s line for a while too – I think it would make a great gift for your fitness lovin’ girlfriend and it is currently marked down to $23. Aaaand because I’m a freak for all things athleisure I’ll just leave these joggers right here for you too. Seriously – how gorgeous is that grey color? But they are dry clean only and that’s a deal breaker for this girl because I need to be able to throw my comfy pants into the washer. But perhaps they would work for your high maintenance friend who has no children? lol
- Headband: This is a great gift, that is inexpensive! I can’t workout without a headband, so I personally think this is a fool-proof gift for runners because most of the girls I know who run prefer to run with their hair out of their face. I love the sparkly soul headbands + Bic headbands and I personally wouldn’t even mind if I was gifted a headband in a color I already own. They are just functional and I use them daily so I imagine most girls feel the same. Cant have too many sort of thing…
Other gift ideas could include:
- A new pair of sneakers
- A gift card to a place like Lululemon, Athleta or Dick’s Sporting Goods
- A gift card to a place like Soul Cycle, Orangetheory, Burn Bootcamp, Fly Wheel, etc (obviously this would be based off the area you live in and the group exercise classes your friend likes)
- Headphones – I think these rose gold ones are beautiful
Glam Giveaway Winner
And now for the winner of Monday’s glam giveaway…
I am e-mailing you to get your address so check your inbox today! 🙂
Thank you SO much to all who participated! I loved reading what you are hoping to get for Christmas this year and I could relate to so many things you listed (like a good night’s sleep and a vacation! HELLO, let’s be friends!). You guys are such a bright spot in my day and I’m grateful for you. 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Happy Hump Day, friends! I’m coming at you today with another gift guide, tailored specifically for the girly-girl in your life. This post is for the girl who loves all things bows and ruffles and holds firmly to the belief that accessorizing is what separates us from the animals. I couldn’t help but think of my mom when I was putting this post together – she is one of my favorite people to shop for because she is so feminine and she loves accessories!
I hope this post helps inspire you as you pick out gifts for your girlfriends this Christmas and as always, I would love to hear your ideas in the comments below! You guys always have the best ideas.
- Cute Cosmetic Case: My mom and sister both use these cosmetic bags by Henri Bendels and I think they are the cutest! They are functional, as they hold a lot of make-up, and they make for the perfect travel bag! It is definitely on the pricey side (in my opinion) for a make-up bag, but I think any girly-girl would appreciate this gift!
- Girly Ornament: Some of my personal favorite gifts are ornaments I’ve received from friends and family. I love decorating my tree each year and pulling out ornaments that remind me of the person who gifted it to me. Some of the cutest girly ornaments that I’ve seen this year are this one, this one and this one! (I actually feel like Nordstrom’s should gift me that last ornament for the contribution I’ve made to their business this year. Dave, if you’re reading this – I know, you are not laughing. #confessionsofashopaholic)
- Glam Earrings: Since having my babies, I don’t wear a ton of jewelry but one thing I rarely leave home without is my earrings. I always joke that I feel naked when I’m not in earrings. I think earrings are a safe gift to give too because there’s no sizing involved and I’m confident every girly-girl subscribes to the notion that one can never have too much jewelry. I especially love this pair and this pair!
- Festive Phone Case: Dave got me an i-phone case from Henri Bendel’s last year for Christmas and I love it! It’s a gift I would never buy for myself, but I really appreciated receiving it. I love this kate spade one (because glitter IS my favorite color) and obviously I love this one because it is animal print. Think about what your girlfriend loves and then try to find a phone case to match her style. (Fun fact: I just realized while typing this up that I couldn’t buy myself a phone case if I wanted to because I have no idea what kind of i-phone I have. Is it a 5 or a 6 or a 7 or a 6s? Your guess is as good as mine. I didn’t know there was an i-phone 7 until about 2 minutes ago, so I’m pretty sure I don’t have a 7. Dave handles all tech related things in our house and I view phones like I view cars…as long as they work, I see no reason to replace/update them. The only thing I know is my phone is rose-gold because when we got our phones and I was presented with the options I quickly realized the only right option was in fact, rose gold. Duh. rose gold > black)
- Cozy Scarf: My policy on scarves is the same as my policy on earrings: You just can’t have too many (unless you’re a Florida girl, in which case you need 1 and I’m using the term ‘need’ lightly). A personal favorite of mine this year is this Free People scarf and I have it in ‘sand’, but I would love the pink one because it is gorgeous and would match so much! This plaid scarf is perfect for the holidays and less than $30 and if I didn’t already own 3 leopard print scarves I would totally put this one on my personal Christmas list. This color block one is also gorgeous and so is this one and this one (←I can totally see this red plaid one paired with red hunter boots and white pants for an adorable look)!
I also think beauty products make great gifts, but I quickly realized I could devote an entire post to beauty products alone so I’ll save those ideas for another day and another post.
Are you a girly-girl? If so, what gifts do you love receiving from your loved ones? Do share!
P.S. This post is going up late because my children are all, “What is naptime?” and I was having technical difficulties and now it is 2:24 on a Wednesday and I don’t know what I need more – a nap or a glass of wine. GAH! #realtalk
Tis the season for gift giving and holiday shopping! One of my favorite parts about Christmas is picking out gifts for my family and friends. Dave actually complains every year that I put too much thought into people’s gifts because I will go back and forth between gift ideas for hours (sometimes days) – what can I say…I am plagued with indecisiveness.
Since I love shopping (*ahem* for myself and for others), I’ll be posting some gift guides on the blog this month. To kick things off, I’m sharing gift ideas for the hostess with the mostess today. I’m sure we all have that friend/sister/neighbor who is a domestic goddess and lover of all things home and entertaining. If you’re wondering what in the world to get her for Christmas, I’m hoping today’s post can provide you with some gift-giving inspiration.
So, let’s get to it, shall we?!
- Candles, Candles, Candles + Cute Matches: I’m biased to this particular gift because I love burning candles. A candle is one of my very favorite gifts to give and receive! You can splurge and get a fancy candle, or you can hit up Target or Bath and Body Works for a $12 candle. As far as expensive candles go, I love Nest candles and Henri Bendel candles. I swear Henri Bendel Candles truly make the entire downstairs of my home smell fantastic. If you’re looking to keep it under $20 though, you can’t go wrong with Bath & Body Works candles or Target candles. And take the gift up a notch by throwing in some cute matches – I’m obsessed with these Henri Bendel matches and they are actually on my personal Christmas list this year. For $5, they would make a great little stocking stuffer for the candle lover in your life.
- Hot Chocolate Mix + a Cute Mug: If you know someone who is always hosting, get them a decadent hot chocolate mix to serve their guests this holiday season. This Williams-Sonoma Hot Chocolate mix is a favorite in our house (I personally love the peppermint version). Add a cute mug like this one or this one (less than $5) to the gift and you’re set!
- Throw Blanket: If you know someone who is always hosting – especially overnight guests – I think this barefoot dreams throw would be a perfect present. This gift is a total splurge, but oh my gosh! I’ve purchased 2 things from Barefoot Dreams and both are ridiculously soft. It would be great thrown over the back of the couch or at the foot of a guest bed. I also love this throw from Target for the holidays – super cute!
- Beautiful Apron + Matching Pot Holder: I’m pretty sure any gift that comes in an Anthropologie gift bag is sure to be a home-run, right? I adore their home section and I think their aprons make for great hostess gifts. If you want to add on to the gift, you can usually find matching pot holders to go along with the apron, which is just too gosh darn cute.
- Hand Wash + Lotion Duo: This hand wash and lotion set is perfect for the kitchen or bathroom. A hostess is constantly serving others and probably lives hovered over their kitchen sink cleaning up messes made in their kitchen, so why not treat them to a luxurious hand soap and lotion?
I’m a firm believer that it is truly the thought that counts and you don’t have to spend a fortune to make someone feel special. In fact, my favorite gifts are the ones that include a hand written card letting me know why they thought the gift was perfect for me. So, my advice is always think about the person you are shopping for and what would mean the most to them.
Do you have any gift ideas for the hostess? Leave them in the comments below! Also, if there is a specific gift guide you would like me to put together, leave that in a comment below too and I’ll try to get the ball rolling on it! 🙂