Tis the season for gift giving and holiday shopping! One of my favorite parts about Christmas is picking out gifts for my family and friends. Dave actually complains every year that I put too much thought into people’s gifts because I will go back and forth between gift ideas for hours (sometimes days) – what can I say…I am plagued with indecisiveness.
Since I love shopping (*ahem* for myself and for others), I’ll be posting some gift guides on the blog this month. To kick things off, I’m sharing gift ideas for the hostess with the mostess today. I’m sure we all have that friend/sister/neighbor who is a domestic goddess and lover of all things home and entertaining. If you’re wondering what in the world to get her for Christmas, I’m hoping today’s post can provide you with some gift-giving inspiration.
So, let’s get to it, shall we?!
- Candles, Candles, Candles + Cute Matches: I’m biased to this particular gift because I love burning candles. A candle is one of my very favorite gifts to give and receive! You can splurge and get a fancy candle, or you can hit up Target or Bath and Body Works for a $12 candle. As far as expensive candles go, I love Nest candles and Henri Bendel candles. I swear Henri Bendel Candles truly make the entire downstairs of my home smell fantastic. If you’re looking to keep it under $20 though, you can’t go wrong with Bath & Body Works candles or Target candles. And take the gift up a notch by throwing in some cute matches – I’m obsessed with these Henri Bendel matches and they are actually on my personal Christmas list this year. For $5, they would make a great little stocking stuffer for the candle lover in your life.
- Hot Chocolate Mix + a Cute Mug: If you know someone who is always hosting, get them a decadent hot chocolate mix to serve their guests this holiday season. This Williams-Sonoma Hot Chocolate mix is a favorite in our house (I personally love the peppermint version). Add a cute mug like this one or this one (less than $5) to the gift and you’re set!
- Throw Blanket: If you know someone who is always hosting – especially overnight guests – I think this barefoot dreams throw would be a perfect present. This gift is a total splurge, but oh my gosh! I’ve purchased 2 things from Barefoot Dreams and both are ridiculously soft. It would be great thrown over the back of the couch or at the foot of a guest bed. I also love this throw from Target for the holidays – super cute!
- Beautiful Apron + Matching Pot Holder: I’m pretty sure any gift that comes in an Anthropologie gift bag is sure to be a home-run, right? I adore their home section and I think their aprons make for great hostess gifts. If you want to add on to the gift, you can usually find matching pot holders to go along with the apron, which is just too gosh darn cute.
- Hand Wash + Lotion Duo: This hand wash and lotion set is perfect for the kitchen or bathroom. A hostess is constantly serving others and probably lives hovered over their kitchen sink cleaning up messes made in their kitchen, so why not treat them to a luxurious hand soap and lotion?
I’m a firm believer that it is truly the thought that counts and you don’t have to spend a fortune to make someone feel special. In fact, my favorite gifts are the ones that include a hand written card letting me know why they thought the gift was perfect for me. So, my advice is always think about the person you are shopping for and what would mean the most to them.
Do you have any gift ideas for the hostess? Leave them in the comments below! Also, if there is a specific gift guide you would like me to put together, leave that in a comment below too and I’ll try to get the ball rolling on it! 🙂Read More