Friyay! I’m so excited it is Friday. Dave has been out of town and he comes home today so that’s my favorite thing at the moment! Andi Rose is sick with a cold so I’ll be glad to have Dave back home because 1) I missed him and 2) I need heeeeeelp.
If you think about it this weekend, say a prayer for Andi Rose. I’m hoping she kicks this cold quick and her congestion clears up as quickly as it came. *Fingers crossed.*
Let’s move right along to my Friday Faves and don’t forget to share some of your favorite things lately in the comments below!
- Rewined Rose Candle: Dave surprised me with this candle last week and I love it! Burning candles is one of those little things in life that makes me extra happy. I love walking into a room and smelling a fabulous candle and while this candle is more expensive than most candles we buy, it smells so gooooood!
- Bobbi Brown Mascara: I picked this up in July during the #NSale and I’m surprised by how much I love it. I don’t stray too much from my usual mascara, but I think this one is a new favorite for me.
- Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Liquid Foundation: I got this a few weeks ago and I really love the formula. It makes my skin look kind of dewey and glowy (←we’re going to pretend that’s a real word), but it is still matte (I don’t like my face to be shiny). The coverage is really good, although I don’t think it is as good as Estee Lauder’s double wear foundation – that coverage is no joke. I purchased the Nars foundation in the shade ‘Sante Fe’ and it’s a great match for me right now (if you’re wondering what shade to get, a Nordstrom beauty rep can actually help match you online via a chat box on their website. Cool, right?). My only complaint with this foundation is that I didn’t realize you have to order the pump to go with it. The pump is only $6, but when my foundation arrived I realized that I needed the pump and that’s just annoying.
- Noodle & Boo Baby Soap: I’ve used this on Atlas and Andi Rose forever and I love it! A little bit goes a long way, so the big bottles last me a long time and I just can’t get enough of that clean baby smell. When I am hugging Andi before I put her in her crib at night, I smell her head and I just melt inside. I think when I’m old, Noodle & Boo will be one of those scents that brings back all the happy feels for me. 🙂
- Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil: This stuff has pretty much been sold out since about 5 minutes after it hit shelves and it seems like every retailer has had trouble keeping it in stock (although, I think it is currently in stock right now at Nordstroms). I got a sample of it and I see what all the hype is about. This stuff smells SO good and the scent stays on all day. And it adds a little bit of glitter, but it isn’t over the top (although, I would be fine with it being over the top because I love all the glittery things). For being a body oil, I don’t find that it is crazy hydrating, but it also isn’t greasy at all. This is my favorite purely because of the smell. And Atlas noticed the glitter on my hands the other night and asked what it was. I told him it was Pixie Dust from Tinkerbell and if he wanted to see TinkerBell he had to lay in his bed and be very quiet and she might fly in and drop some pixie dust on his head. Worked like a charm. He didn’t get out of this bed once that night. #MomWin #ThanksTomFord
Other Friday Faves include these s’more cookies. I don’t have a photo of them because I ate them all. I followed the recipe, except I swapped some of the flour for cake flour. I’m obsessed with cake flour lately – it makes every cookie so much better!
And on that note, I’m off to go check on my babies. They are both awake! (I type these posts up at night after my kids go to bed, if you’re wondering). Lawd, help me!
Tell me some of your favorite things from lately and make it good! I love reading your comments! 🙂