Happy Friday! Can you even believe Christmas is only 9 days away?! I can’t. I feel like the season slipped away from me even though I’ve been trying hard to savor it. It is just passing by too quickly and I wish I could slow time down every December.
Anyways, I’m popping in today to share a quick roundup of some things I’m loving lately! As always, I hope you’ll participate in the fun and tell me some of your favorite things lately in the comments below!
- Kit Life Planner: O.M.G. This planner is the stuff of dreams, you guys! Here’s the thing – I’ve already been feeling the post-holiday blues with Christmas just over a week away because I know my favorite season is practically over and that makes me all kinds of sad. Is that weird? To get sad about the season ending before it actually ends? Anyways, this Kit Life planner arrived in the mail on Wednesday and it was just what I needed to get me excited for the New Year. After flipping through the beautifully crafted pages of my new planner I was pumped for 2017 and the goals that will make their way onto those pages. I know so many people use their phones and computers now for calendars, but I still prefer a handwritten planner. I’ve used an Erin Condren planner + an Emily Ley planner in past years (I prefer Emily Ley’s layout over Erin Condren’s, but I loved designing my own cover of the EC planner), but I think this Kit Life planner will earn the title of my favorite planner ever in 2017. It has a unique focus on healthy living and practicing gratitude and the cover is so gorgeous. If you are a handwritten planner kind of girl, then definitely check out Kit Life planners. #swoon
- Bare Minerals Matte Foundation: My face has been breaking out a lot lately (I’m pretty sure its because I never sleep) so I decided to switch up my foundation. I really love liquid foundations because the coverage just can’t be beat, but this Bare Minerals loose powder foundation is pretty terrific. I’ve been using it for the last 2 weeks and I feel like my skin can ‘breathe’ better with powder on instead of liquid. (Is it just me, or do you feel like liquid foundations clog your pores more than powder?) The coverage is surprisingly good for a powder foundation, although it obviously isn’t as great as a liquid. This foundation is great if you have oily skin and it also has SPF 15 in it. I wear it in ‘medium beige’ if you need a general reference. It’s lightweight, easy to apply and gives a super natural look! #winning
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude Lipstick in ‘Boss’: Okay, I swear this post isn’t sponsored by Bare Minerals – It is pure coincidence that 2 of my favorite things from lately are by the same brand. I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this lipstick on the blog or not, but even if I have, it bears repeating. This matte lipstick in the color ‘Boss’ is such a pretty and natural shade for winter and it stays on for a long time. It is a bit drying, so I’ll warn you of that. I have to wear a lipgloss over top of it to prevent my lips from looking too dry. But I’m not alone in my love for this shade because it is sold out or backordered everywhere. I got it for my mom today and I got the last one they had in the store and it isn’t shipping from Nordstrom’s website until after Christmas! The word is apparently out about “Boss.”
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast: All my fine-haired friends, listen up! I’ve got a product for you! I got this Dry Volume Blast by Living Proof and I’m loving it! I have a lot of hair but it is very fine, so it tends to fall flat most days. After spraying this all over my hair, I had so much lift at my roots (make sure you follow the directions on the can and section out pieces of your hair to spray). I’m not the biggest fan of the Living Proof brand (I want to love it so bad because Jennifer Aniston is my girl but I’ve been underwhelmed with each product I’ve tried from the line), but this product is one I’ll be buying again for sure! It smells good and even though it isn’t a dry shampoo, it kind of works to absorb some excess oil, making it perfect for hair that hasn’t been washed in a day or 2 (*ahem* or 3). If you want bigger hair, try this product.
- Give Them Grace: This week I started reading the parenting book entitled, Give Them Grace (it’s a Bible based parenting book, FYI). I’m not very far into it, but it has already caused me to pause and think about how I approach disciplining my children. It’s been super convicting to read, but I love the way it is challenging me and stretching me. Here’s a little excerpt from the book, in case any of my mama friends are interested…
“We’ve transformed the holy, terrifying, magnificent and loving God of the Bible into Santa and his elves. And instead of transmitting the gloriously liberating and life-changing truths of the gospel, we have taught our children that what God really wants from them is morality. We have told them that ‘being good’ (at least outwardly) is the be-all and end-all of their faith. We aren’t handing down Christianity…this other thing that we’re giving them has a name – it’s called ‘moralism.'”
Powerful stuff, right? It’s basically saying that we’ve managed to turn the Bible into a book of laws & we’ve reduced the Bible down to a “how-to” book instead of a life-giving story about redemption & a God who wants to rescue us & have a relationship with us.
And on that note, I’m off to bed! Hooray for the weekend!