Half Marathon Training, Week 2 Recap
Hello hello and happy Sunday to you! I hope your weekend has been a wonderful mix of relaxation and fun activities. Our neighborhood pool closes tomorrow for the season, so since today is the last day to swim I’m thinking my crew will be hitting the pool up after nap time.
This week wrapped up week 2 of my half marathon training plan and I was a little all over the place this week due to our crazy schedule, but I’m rolling with it.
- Monday: 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio + Core Work (Dave wasn’t home this day so I couldn’t fit in a run)
- Tuesday: 5 Miles @ an 8:06 pace
- Wednesday: 7 X 400 Meter ‘Sprints’ (I use quotes because I’m not entirely sure my body knows how to actually sprint)
- Thursday: Much needed rest day
- Friday: 8 Miles @ 8:04 pace (this run felt surprisingly good – except for one spot at mile 3 and mile 5 hurt – just mentally I was like “blah – I still have so much farther to go and I want to be done” But I changed my thinking and then I enjoyed it again.)
- Saturday: Rest (I shouldn’t have rested this day, but my mom was visiting and I just opted for more play time with her and the kids because that’s real life sometimes
- Sunday: 3 Treadmill Miles @ a 7:50 average pace (this was supposed to be my ‘race pace’ – ‘race pace’ hurts)
So that’s that! I think my hardest run of the week was either the 400 meter sprints or the 3 miles at race pace. I think the 3 miles felt especially difficult because my legs were fatigued from my long run. My breathing felt good, but my legs just felt so dang heavy. I missed some strength/core work for sure, but this upcoming week is another crazy one for us due to some travel so I don’t anticipate getting in all my runs this week, but I should be able to get in more strength this week. Hopefully it all balances out in the end, right?