Half Marathon Training, Week 3 Recap
Since Dave was out of town, running was hard to squeeze in during week 3 of my half marathon training. I knew when we signed up for this race that I was going to have to be flexible and go with the flow because training for a long distance race with babies at home to consider is totally different than what I’m used to. So this week, I just went with the flow. I focused on strength and core work since I couldn’t run and I actually enjoyed the change of pace after 2 weeks of running, running, running. I did hire a babysitter on Wednesday to come sit with the kids during their nap time so I could squeeze in my tempo run and luckily Dave was back on Friday so I could get in my long run. 🙂
- Monday: 21 Day Fix Dirty Thirty Workout + 10 Minute Abs
- Tuesday: Rest
- Wednesday: 40 minute tempo run with 15 ‘fast’ minutes at a 7:50(ish) pace thrown in the middle + 4 hill sprints (I do a 1 minute recovery between each sprint) & 5 more ‘fast’ minutes thrown in at the end – this ended up being right under 5 miles (like 4.89 miles, I think?)
- Thursday: 21 Day Fix Extreme Upper Body + 5 Minutes of Abs (Those 5 minutes totally count, right?)
- Friday: 9 Mile Long Run @ an 8:08 pace
- Saturday: 21 Day Fix Lower Body + 10 Minute Abs
- Sunday: 21 Day Fix Cardio
Dave had to work over the weekend, so that’s why no runs happened on Saturday or Sunday. 10 miles is up next on the long run agenda. I have moments where I’m like, “Meh, 10 miles. I got that.” And then I have moments where I’m like, “I wonder how Dave will fair with the children when I die during that run. I should make sure he knows that corn isn’t considered a real vegetable, otherwise he will feed them chicken nuggets and corn on the cob every night and think he is winning at life.”
I hope your weekend was a good one & I hope your work week goes by fast! This week is Atlas’ 3rd birthday. It is kind of blowing my mind that I have an almost-3-year-old.
We are celebrating my sweet, tenderhearted, boo-boo bear loving, mac-n-cheese obsessed, little boy all week long! We were asking him tonight what he wanted for his birthday and he said he wants to sleep in bed with me. He loves coming into our bed lately. It is so cute…and also a little annoying…but mostly just so cute. When Dave was gone last week, he slept in our bed and he is such a cuddle bug. Needless to say, he wasn’t thrilled when Dave got back and he got booted back to his room.