Happy (belated) Easter + Random Musings
Happy (belated) Easter! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with family time, Easter egg hunts and chocolate bunnies. I am currently on a ton of antibiotics that are making me super queasy, so Dave & I slept in yesterday and missed out on the usual Easter church service. We were able to eat breakfast and listen to last year’s Easter sermon from Elevation Church though and it was a fabulous way to celebrate the holiday. If you like listening to sermons, I highly recommend anything by Pastor Steven Furtick. After breakfast we headed to my mom’s house for a wonderful Easter lunch where we spent time lounging around in her beautiful backyard.
And can we just talk about how adorable this cake is that my mom purchased from a local bakery?
And it tastes even better than it looks. It is a layer of cheesecake topped with a raspberry filling and a moist vanilla cake coated in a white chocolate frosting. Oh have I mentioned my sweet tooth is slowly coming back? I credit this cake.
And now for my random thoughts that have no purpose or flow (I warn you, so you have every opportunity to stop reading)…
1. I signed up for Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp and did the first workout today. OMG – love it! I went pretty slow because I’m not quite up to par, but I still felt the burn in my muscles. Has anyone ever tried surrender squats? Holy cow! I’m not sure where I felt the burn more during that exercise – my arms or butt. If you’re looking to change up your workout routine, sign up this week before registration closes. We can complain about surrender squats over here on my blog together!
2. I bought my first batch of maternity clothes this weekend. I may never go back to pants without elastic again. The jean shorts I’m wearing in the above photo – totally stretchy waist. AWESOME. I’m really not sure why I haven’t been wearing these for every major holiday my entire life. I won’t be pregnant on Thanksgiving, but you better believe I’ll be digging into those casseroles in my stretchy pants.
3. Dave & I were riding in the car the other day and the Lee Brice song “Hard to Love” came on. Dave said, “Aw, this is my song to you.” Isn’t that so sweet? Except he followed it up by saying, “You are hard to love, but I love you anyways.” Uuuummm – not what Lee Brice meant, Dave. Not even close. Men. *Insert my rolling eyes here*
4. It is no secret around here that I love my evening bath time. It isn’t nearly as peaceful as it sounds because Ob insist on trying to drop all her toys in the tub, but it is still one of the highlights of my day because of these bath salts. I LOVE the way they smell, which is really saying something because I’ve gone through 3 different kinds of soap in the last month (basically all smells make me nauseous). But, these bath salts smell divine and the scent fills my whole bathroom and leaves my skin feeling oh-so-soft. I wish I was rich so I could buy all of you a jar. If you’re hurting after a crazy workout (like Tina’s), I suggest investing into the Muscle Ache bath salts. Superb!
5. This weekend we went to J. Alexanders for dinner and I ordered their veggie burger. It is without a doubt THEE BEST veggie burger I’ve ever had. It is all I can think about. I wish you all lived closer so we could go eat onion rings and veggie burgers together. If you live near a J. Alexanders go get their veggie burger….like right this second….GO!
Aaannd, that’s all I’ve got today.
What are you loving right now? Tell me new things I need to be obsessed with!