Ob Hates Tiger Woods and I’m going to Utah!
Today was ca-ray-zay on the work front. I will spare you the boring details, but let’s just say I came home tonight and immediately opened up the wine. And by wine, I mean rum. But wine sounds classier.
Since I’m coming off a crazy day, my thoughts are scattered, which means the rest of this post will have no flow…or rhyme…or reason. I’m going to go ahead and apologize in advance if you can’t follow these random musings and stories.
1. Last night after I published my blog post, I curled up with Dave to watch golf (I’m going for girlfriend of the year). Ob absolutely LOVES the golf channel. It is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen. She will stop what she’s doing and sit in front of the TV and watch golf for 30 minutes with a focus that cannot be broken (she didn’t get that from me). Here’s the funny part though: Last night she was watching and Tiger Woods came on the TV to take his shot. Hand.to.God. Ob went crazy. Picture the crazy scale of 1 to batshit and she went batshit crazy. She was barking and growling at the TV like she wanted some serious justice for Elin Nordegren. I wish we would have captured the whole ordeal on film.
2. The vending machine at work accepts credit cards as of today. I never frequent the vending machines because I never carry cash, but I dream about getting a candy bar from it everyday. And now that is a very real possibility. I foresee this being a problem. I think I may need to change this blog’s name to “Watch Me Grow.”
3. Lest you read number 2 and think that I’m a health nut at work who only snacks on celery, I must tell you that I keep a jar of nutella in my desk in case of emergencies. I had an emergency today. It required me to tap into that delicious hazelnut spread…only I didn’t have any utensils…so I was forced to use my finger(s)…and the cookies I bought from the vending machine with my credit card. Its going to be a long week.
4. PLEASE tell me someone out there has watched the show Impractical Jokers on Tru Tv! You guys, it is the funniest show! It is about 4 friends who dare each other to do these outrageous things to strangers and it is hilarious. I’m literally laughing out loud right now thinking about some of the episodes. Please watch it. Laughter is good for your health and this is a healthy living blog, so this point is totally relevant. Boom.
5. I did this workout (thank you Pinterest) two times through this morning before doing a 15 minute pyramid style core workout. It was a great way to start the day.
6. Who out there is signed up for the Blend Retreat? I signed up last night with Kate from Quarter Century Southern Living & De from Cooking for the Other Half and OMG! I’m so excited to go on such a fun trip with so many cool chicks who love blogging about healthy living! I’m already counting down to May!
How was your Monday? What TV shows do you love? Are you going to Blend?