Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
I owe you an apology. I’ve been blogging for a little over a month now, and I haven’t given you 1 dessert recipe. It has been all crunches and no cupcakes around here. I know – how rude!
I baked these cookies for you to make up for all those circuit workouts I asked you to do…and for asking you to put spinach in your smoothie. The cookies taste like all things fall and they are so easy to make. They only require 2 ingredients. You will need 1 can of pumpkin…
And 1 box of spice cake mix…
These cookies are semi-healthy, which is great since they ended up being my dinner last night. Actually, I technically only ate 1 cookie. I may have eaten 6 cookies in dough form, but we all know calories don’t count pre-oven.
Now, you can definitely stop right here and just eat the cookies (or the dough)…
However, if you want to take these cookies to the next level, you’ll need to be armed with frosting. Peanut butter cream cheese frosting, to be specific.
Come to think of it, I believe this frosting is the real reason I wasn’t hungry for dinner last night. I kept grabbing a clean spoon to test my creation and now every spoon I own is currently sitting in the dishwasher. Its called ‘quality control’ people. I may have gone back for a small sample using a fork(s) too.
These cookies are the perfect snack to bring to a Halloween party or Thanksgiving gathering…just try not to ruin your dinner.
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 box spice cake mix
- Mix the can of pumpkin & the spice cake mix in a large bowl (You can use elbow grease or an electric mixer).
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- vanilla extract (I didn’t measure, but I would aim for about a teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (you can add more or less, depending on your love of nut butter)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to stir.
- Add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter and beat until well mixed. Be careful not to over mix your frosting.
Eat with a spoonFrost cookies.