Random Musings that Deserve Documentation
1. I want to dispel 2 myths right now. First, walking induces labor. Second, spicy food induces labor. Both are lies. Yesterday we walked over 6 miles and tonight we consumed some spicy buffalo chicken meatballs and guess what? Still no baby. I do, however, have sore feet and a slight case of heartburn. That’s okay though – I’m thoroughly enjoying our family of 4 until Atlas makes his debut.
2. I have the best husband in the world. This weekend he surprised me with a prenatal massage. It was the best 60 minutes of my month…maybe of my life.
3. One last pregnancy related thought: My dreams are getting weirder and weirder. This weekend I had a dream that I was at an event with a bunch of working moms and I was the only stay at home mom in the group. In my dream, I was too embarrassed to admit I was a stay at home mom (no clue why) so instead I told people I was a ‘twerking mom.’
*Note: I have never twerked a day in my life.
4. I think #3 is a testament to just how much twerking is being discussed on the Today Show. What is the world coming to?
5. I’m continually shocked by the number of grown men I see riding around Manhattan on a scooter. If you’re over the age of 10 and you’re riding a scooter, you need to turn in your man card. Period.
6. The only thing more disturbing than #5 is the elderly woman I watched sample blueberries in Trader Joe’s today. Kid you not – I watched a woman open up cartons of blueberries in the produce section, stick her hand in the carton, grab a few blueberries, try them and then put the carton back on the shelf. She finally settled on a carton after sampling 4. I watched in total disgust. Needless to say, I didn’t buy blueberries this week.
7. Just to reiterate point #2: Dave ordered a gallon of Dippin Dots for us to enjoy today. He said they asked on the order form if the Dippin Dots were for a party (because why else would you order 30 servings of Dippin Dots?). Hilarious!
8. On Sunday morning, Dave & I leashed up the dogs to head to the park and when we opened our front door a cat ran into our apartment. Keep in mind, we live in a NYC apartment building so wild life doesn’t typically roam the halls. Ob & Marley lost their marbles, but after several minutes of total and complete chaos we got the cat out of our apartment. And by ‘we’ I mean ‘I.’ Dave is allergic to cats so he hid in the hallway with the dogs while I got down on all fours and coerced the cat out from under our bed. You guys have no idea what I would give to have a video of that entire situation.
9. Helpful Hint: If you’re pregnant, head on over to Dunkin Donuts and order some Munchkins. They will give you extra for free for the ‘baby.’ Heck yes. Who needs to induce labor when you’ve got donuts to tide you over?