Subs & Cupcakes
Hi friends! Its Thursday, which means the week is almost over. Holla! I’m coming at you tonight with some random and totally unrelated thoughts.
1. First things first: Where are the Girl Scouts in Jacksonville with those cookies? I keep reading on some of your blogs that you’re enjoying frozen thin mints. Totally PB&Jealous! Those little scouts are nowhere to be found here. I’m getting cranky about waiting for short bread cookies and tag-a-longs.
2. Can we talk about how I used to hate Jimmy John’s subs? They don’t put mustard on their subs. Who doesn’t like mustard on a sub? And some subs require you to pay extra for cheese. Ummm….a sub without cheese? That is like a cake without frosting. An abomination. BUT, the craziest thing happened this week. I ordered a Jimmy John’s sub on Tuesday because I was desperate. My hunger radar is weird right now. I will be fine one minute and the next minute I will be about to pass out from starvation. That is it: There is no in between. I’m full or I’m starving. Tuesday I was starving and I knew Jimmy Johns was fast so I was forced to do the unthinkable and order a sub without mustard. I ordered their vegetarian sub and OMG! I got mustard packets on the side and have eaten a vegetarian sub from Jimmy Johns every day since.
Cheese + Lettuce + Avocado spread + Cucumbers = the highlight of my day
3. In addition to consuming lots of subs this week, I’ve also indulged in a cupcake or 2.
There is a cotton candy cupcake in that mix. I’ll trade you one of those if you can hook me up with some thin mint cookies. You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.
4. I just washed my hair for the first time this week. I haven’t been able to workout this week and while I’m missing my runs terribly, I’m not missing washing my hair everyday. God bless Dave and my coworkers for not commenting on my lack of hygiene. Let’s not focus on my lack of hygiene though and move right along to my next random point…
5. More cupcakes will be consumed in our house this weekend, thanks to Ready.Set.Cupcake! The company sent me some cake batters & frosting to try and I can’t wait to get in the kitchen this weekend and play around with them!
They are frozen with no preservatives and you don’t have to measure or mix anything. Seriously – butter my butt and call me a biscuit. That is the best thing ever invented and I’m so excited the company is giving me the chance to try this product and share it with you guys! Check back in this weekend for a product review – I have high hopes for these cupcakes!
6. I love ‘just because’ gifts (almost as much as Jimmy John’s vegetarian sub). Dave came home today with one rose and a note that said, “Just because someone loves you.”
I’m not sure why he’s so sweet to me, but I’m so incredibly thankful because I know I’m a lot to put up with from time to time. For example, this was a series of texts exchanged between us yesterday…
Dave: Hi babe. I’m at Publix. What can I get you?
Me: Nothing, Thanks.
Me: WAIT! Ruffles chips.
Me: No, Scoops. with salsa.
Me: Ah, nm. I don’t want anything.
Me: Well, we are out of yogurt butter. Can you get that?
Me: I like those tater tots you made last night. I could eat those again.
Seriously. He’s got the patience of a saint. If that exchange had been reversed, I would have sent back a text that read, “Why don’t you make up your mind and go to Publix yourself when you decide. ”
7. This last picture is for anyone out there who is feeling overwhelmed or defeated by life.
Don’t give up, friends! Brighter days are always right around the corner!
What are you obsessing over this week? What is your favorite sub?