Things I’m Loving – Fall Fashion Edition
There was a time in my life where I used to spend hours planning out my outfits and accessories and playing with make-up. That time was obviously long before children and truthfully, even before marriage. Once I met Dave, I preferred to spend more time with him than in the bathroom playing with make-up. And once I had Atlas, I preferred to throw on the easiest and cheapest thing possible because…well, motherhood can be kind of gross.
I will never spend that much time thinking about clothes and make up again because 1) I simply don’t care like I used to and 2) I flat out don’t have that kind of time anymore. And that’s okay. My life is so much better and more fulfilled now than it was when I had ample time to sit poolside with the latest issue of Vogue (but let’s be real – those days weren’t half bad).
That said, now that I’m done being pregnant I am excited to
burn sell my maternity clothes and start adding some new pieces to my closet.
I know it probably sounds silly to most, but I really can’t wait to pick out clothes without thinking, “Will I care if this gets poop on it?” ← That thought has kept me from buying a LOT over the last 21 months. Or, “Can I nurse easily in this?” For the last 2 years, I haven’t picked much out with the thought of “Do I like this?” but rather, “Is this practical?”
To be honest, most days workout clothes just make more sense for me because I’m playing with Atlas outside, getting puked on by Andi, walking dogs, bleaching everything in our house, etc. And that is totally fine by me. That’s my calling right now & I feel blessed to do all those things. But, there are those nights when I love to shower and get dressed and go out to eat dinner and feel like a real girly-girl again. And for those special (and oh-so-rare) nights, I’ve been daydreaming about what to wear.
I thought I would share some of my favorite pieces I’ve been eyeing for fall. I know it is only July, but I’ve still got a ways to go before I’m not a 24 hour grocery store to Andi, so I’m setting my sights on fall fashion. For the remainder of summer I’ll be in gym shorts, nursing tanks and pajamas. 😉 I’m by no means a fashionista – these are just things I’m loving and I could see actually wearing with my 2 little munchkins in tow.
- I’m loving the look of long tunics. I actually already purchased this one in a few colors! They are affordable (currently on sale), comfortable, forgiving (which is great because hello…still losing that last bit of baby weight) and perfect for all seasons. They can be paired with boyfriend jeans and dressed down in the summer or with a cute fur vest in the fall/winter.
- I don’t own these boots and they would be a total splurge so I doubt I take that plunge, but there’s nothing I love more in the fall than a classic pair of riding boots and Tory Burch makes the best boots, in my opinion. I’m also loving over the knee boots. I snagged these in brown on major sale and I cannot wait to wear them.
- I had my eye on this vest forever last year and never bit the bullet and bought it before it sold out. It is back in stock and I am thinking it belongs in my closet. I’m also loving this vest. Give me all the faux fur things for winter!
- This jacket and this jacket seem like the perfect thing to throw on over a white t-shirt with jeans and boots for those chilly fall days. I don’t own a moto jacket, but I think they can look so chic when paired with the right accessories.
- These flats. Gah. I can’t even. I’m in love. With distressed white denim. Or jeans. Or a simple dress. Love.
And now I’m off to bed. Only not really, because I have a newborn. So really, I’m off to sleep in very short increments for the remainder of the night until my toddler wakes up. But I am growing more and more aware of the fact that these are the days I’m going to miss when they’re over. These babies of mine sure are sweet. ♥