*I’m typing this up as I watch Bachelor in Paradise. This show is a train wreck but I cannot peel my eyes away from the TV. Are any of you watching this show? If so, please share all your thoughts in the comments below.
Anyways, this post is basically a compilation of random thoughts that have no real connection to each other and are of no real importance. But sometimes I just have to throw it all out there, you know?*
- Okay. First things first! I sort of want to cut bangs. Gah! I know my mom is reading this and she just gasped. Somewhere along the way, I started thinking, “You know what – I could rock bangs. That would be fun!” But you know what isn’t fun? Growing your bangs out. That is the opposite of fun. The adult in me is thinking, “Don’t do it! You will like them for 2.3 seconds and then loathe them until they grow out!” But the irrational devil on my shoulder is like, “DO IT! YOLO!” (the irrational devil on my shoulder can obviously get away with saying things like “yolo.”) Anyways, I also need to get my hair colored. I absolutely loved the salon I frequented in Manhattan and I was doing the whole balayage thing and diggin’ it but then we moved and I haven’t found a hair dresser in ATL yet. My color is starting to look a little brassy (blah!) and I’m just not sure if I want to go balayage again or go all dark. Decisions, decisions…I swear, you guys, I spent more time researching hair stylists when we moved to NYC than I did researching an OBGYN. Because #priorities. And now I’m trying to find a hair dresser in Atlanta that seems legit, but I really just want to go back to my girls at Sally Hershberger Salon and have them fix me up, but we aren’t rich so I can’t do that. So here I am…telling you guys about my current hair dilemma instead.
- Dave told me the other day that I’m a dreamer and he is a realist. This is pretty much how our life goes: I start to plan something (think: something simple like a weekend trip to the mountains or maybe something a little bigger like a 2 week trip to Ireland) and my level of excitement shoots through the roof and then I share my amazing idea with Dave and he starts rattling off all these questions like, “Well, what dates are you thinking because I’ll have to take off work? And how much money is that going to cost? That sounds expensive. And how do you think the kids will do with that long flight? And who will watch the dogs? And we are trying to put more money into retirement this year.” Ugh. He keeps me grounded. Like fog at an airport. But I guess it is good because if I was married to another dreamer we would probably live in one of my shoe boxes.
- Speaking of dreaming: Any fun holiday travel plans on anybody’s agenda? The dreamer in me is hoping for a few trips to the mountains and possibly a trip back to NYC. NYC is my favorite at Christmas time and it actually makes me sad to think we may not get to see the city all dressed up this year.
- I finally ordered a rug for our home office and I’m so excited for it to arrive! I had some gift cards & it was on sale, so it was practically free! The fact that I’m so excited for a rug probably means I don’t need the bangs mentioned in topic #1 because clearly I’ve become an old & boring adult. Bangs are for young and trendy people. But our home office is seriously my favorite room in our house…because hello! Leopard and pink everything!
- The kids and I figured out snapchat last week when we were stuck at home potty training. I’ve had the snapchat app on my phone for a while, but I haven’t really played with it until last week. Andi Rose is hilarious doing snapchat because she sticks her tongue out no matter what the filter is in hopes that it will be like the dog filter and the super long tongue will pop out. It’s the cutest thing ever. And Atlas is obsessed and now he takes my phone when I’m not looking and I will find him playing on snapchat and I’m like, “OH MY GOSH! What did you just snap chat? Did you just take a video of me in the shower? How can I unsnap that? Is unsnapping even a thing?” Atlas and I know just enough about snapchat to be dangerous at this point. I typically don’t send out (at least I don’t think I do?) the pictures the kids and I take because I figure people don’t care to see 18 photos of us pretending to be dogs? And I don’t even know who can see my snapchat? Can you see my snaps? I think my username is AshleyAndrews6. I think.
- Dave & I are in a pickle. We are currently being pulled between 2 extremes. One day we are hard core about getting fit and eating vegetables and all the healthy things and then the next day we are skipping our workout and going out for donuts and cheese fries. We are torn between wanting to get fit and throwing in the towel and just ‘accepting the dad-bod’ as Dave calls it. We aren’t extremely healthy and we aren’t extremely unhealthy – we are just floating somewhere in the middle. I’m leaning towards, ‘let’s sign up for a half marathon and drink green juice together, but still eat donuts on the weekend’ but Dave is more like, ‘let’s not be rash about this. let’s go to Chick-fil-a and discuss it over breakfast.’ And then I’m all, “Okay – but only if we can split a milkshake after!”
- I mentioned these booties in a previous post this week and Dave surprised me and ordered them after reading my blog and then left a comment on the blog post telling me. He is seriously the sweetest realist I know! I don’t know what I love more – the fact that he actually reads my blog or the fact that he still loves to surprise me with things. Oh! and if you want the booties, use the coupon code 8J2N for 20% off. Leopard is the new neutral, so these booties will match everything in your fall wardrobe! 😉
And that’s all I’ve got for you today! Well that and some questions…
Are you a dreamer or a realist? Are bangs a good idea or the worst idea in history? Favorite place to visit during the holidays? Are you on a health kick or an ‘eat-all-the-things’ kick? GO!