**Warning: This post is as scattered as my brain**
1. Let’s get down to business & talk cookies.
↑ That cookie creation was the highlight of my day today. In case you’re wondering, it is buttercream frosting sandwiched between 2 chocolate chip cookies, dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. I know, right? OMGEE! So good – it will make you want to slap your momma. Like, really slap her…hard.
2. I want to have a cookie exchange this year for the holidays…but I don’t have enough friends that bake. Actually, I don’t really have enough friends in general.
3. When I was in school, I always thought the best compliments a person could receive were things like “You’re so pretty” or “Those shoes are amazing” or “You have the best hair.” I still think all of those things are really nice to hear, but as I’ve grown up and started a career, I’m finding that the compliments that truly mean the most to me are the ones relating to my work/character. Today someone told me that I was one of the best facilitators they had seen in a long time and it totally made my day (almost as much as the cookie pictured above – let’s keep things in perspective here, people). I get so excited when a person comments on how much they enjoy 1 of my classes or compliments my writing. I think this may be a sign of maturity?
4. Janny is teaching with me this week (yay!!), and today she said something along the lines of, “I know – It’s huge.” Seriously – took all my will power to not laugh out loud during the class because the only thing running through my head was, “That’s what she said.” I guess you can disregard the last part of #3…I’ve still got the maturity of a 12 year old boy.
5. You know what I call this…
A problem. That’s what that empty jar of peanut butter is. A problem. A trip to Publix will be made STAT to correct this.
6. I want to go to North Carolina and see the fall foliage, but I don’t have anybody to go with (see #2). I sort of want to camp…except, I want AC…and fresh water…and I don’t really want to sleep outside. Actually, I think I just want to make s’mores and then go stay at the Ritz. Yep. That’s definitely what I meant by ‘camp.’
7. I’m making you breakfast this weekend and it is going to include chocolate and peanut butter. Be on the lookout.
8. All my money has been going to furniture lately. I’ve been getting way too excited over things like dining room chairs and coffee tables. Is this another sign that I’m growing up? I miss spending money on shoes. Want to be responsible for this (↓) smile?
Send Tory Burch boots. Size 8. I know – it really is that simple.
9. What are you doing this weekend? Anything exciting? I’m hoping to squeeze 1 more beach day in with Ob before the fall weather officially settles in to stay. If I can’t experience the changing of the leaves in N. Carolina, I may as well take advantage of the Florida sunshine, right?
Hooray for the weekend!