1. I know I just got back from a vacation, but I’m sort of ready for another one. I’m thinking an Auberge Resort in Napa Valley. Dave is thinking this flu is affecting my brain and I’m crazy.
2. I think I’ve coughed so hard, my ribs are bruised. Is that even possible? What are your flu remedies? I’m feeling better each day, but this cough is going to seriously cramp my last 2 weeks of training for the Zooma Half Marathon (Can you find the pun in that sentence?). I’ve been taking Tylenol cold, Oscillum (taste just like candy – thanks Jana, for the tip) and Mucinex. I just said “Mucinex” on my food blog. Gross.
3. A few weeks ago, my awesome coworker bought me some cookie butter from Trader Joes while she was on a business trip. I had intentions to bake with it, but I’ve been putting it into my smoothies…and…you know…using it as a dip…for my spoon. Seriously – they should call it crack butter. I discovered today that you can buy it on Amazon.com. Lord help me.
4. I watched the movie Pitch Perfect while I was in North Carolina and OMG – I can’t stop quoting that movie. Fat Amy is the bomb.com. I love a cappella bands and I thoroughly enjoyed the music in the film. It made me wish I could sing. I’m sure Dave, Ob & Marley wish I could sing too, considering I sing to them.all.the.time.
6. I was seriously considering running a marathon in 2013 since I’ve completed over 15 half marathons. Prior to this flu, I’ve had some terrific long runs…and by ‘long runs’ I mean 8 mile runs, which is less than a third of a marathon distance. I think? Don’t quote me on that. Math isn’t my thing. Honestly, I think getting mentally prepped enough to sign up for 26.2 miles is the hardest part (besides…you know…those actual long runs). Marathon runners – what makes you sign up for that crazy distance? Is it alcohol? It has to be alcohol induced.
7. On second thought, I think this would make a nice vacation spot…and it is half the price as the Auberge Resort mentioned above. It is practically a steal! Surely Dave will think I’ve come back to my senses and book this trip ASAP. 😉