- This morning I woke up and the first thing I thought was, “We are all going to bed at 8:30 tonight.” It’s 9:45 right now and both my children are in their beds awake.
- Before I started typing this up, I opened my computer and started giggling. Dave asked me what was so funny and I told him I was thinking about all the things I wanted to say in this post and I was cracking myself up. Clearly, this means I’ve become my mother.
- Speaking of my mom, when I was growing up she used to always say, “Laundry is my life.” When I was younger I thought, “why does she always say that? That is so weird.” When I was in high school I thought, “She just really loves doing everybody’s laundry – it must be her thing.” Now I’m married with 2 kids and 2 dogs and I’m like, “Oh MY GOSH! Laundry is MY LIFE!” Seriously – I can wash 5 loads of laundry a day (A DAY, ya’ll!) and it isn’t done. There is ALWAYS something to be washed.
- Michael Buble is coming out with a new album called ‘Nobody But Me’ in October (FYI: you can pre-order the album and get 2 of the songs right now). Do you know what this means? This means my family just got out of a whole month of listening to Christmas music! I normally bust out Christmas tunes in October, but I have a feeling Buble’s new album will be on repeat during the month of October in our house. He is my jam!
- Okay – have any of you noticed that body suits are totally trending right now? I adore the look of a shirt that looks perfectly tucked in so I really want to buy a body suit and I’ve seen so many cute ones (like here and here), but can I tell you what’s holding me back? I don’t have that kind of time in the bathroom. Like, my kids don’t allow me enough time to pull down pants AND pull down a body suit. I have to be able to get in and get out quick and usually I am holding Andi Rose. God forbid I am wearing pants that aren’t elastic and require me to unfasten a button. The body suit would just be too much work, I think. This is my issue with overalls too, although I did recently buy a pair of white overalls. I’m still trying to decide if I look like the girls I saw at NY Fashion Week 2 years ago or if I look like a painter.
- Personal question for you: How much do you spend on groceries each week? I only ask because we spend a FORTUNE on food. Granted, we pretty much eat all our meals at home, with the exception of 2 or 3 meals out on the weekends. But still – I’m always a little embarrassed when I check out at Publix. I remember when I used to buy groceries and it was just Dave & me and I would FREAK OUT if the bill was more than $100 for the week. But now? Oh gosh – I can spend $100 on a Wednesday when I run in to grab milk. HOW? But this is the thing – nothing goes to waste. We eat it ALL! It is so rare we throw things away. Are we gluttons or are we normal or am I doing the whole grocery shopping thing all wrong?
- Atlas has been doing this thing lately where he says, “Just 1 more time, and that be it.” As in, I will say, “Atlas, time to come to the table for lunch.” and he will respond with, “Mom, I just hit this golfball 1 more time and then that be it.” Or I will give him a cookie and he will eat it and then say, “Just 1 more cookie, Mom. And then that be it.” Tonight I looked at Dave and said, “I just need to buy one more pair of shoes and 1 more dress and then that be it.” We both laughed…but it didn’t work for me like it does for Atlas. That kid has talent, ya’ll.
- Andi Rose started giving real kisses this week. Like the French kind and they are the best kisses ever. The only thing that would make it better is if she wasn’t rocking a 102 fever and covered in snot. I can’t resist her kisses but every time I’m like, “Oh man. This is it. This is definitely it. This is how it all ends. I’m getting her infection and it’s going to be what kills me.”
- If I could have anything in the world right now, I would pick sleep. If someone would watch my babies so I could sleep without the sound of a monitor for 11 hours I would be in Heaven. That’s not going to happen, but I’ll gladly settle for a healthy family and 9 hours of solid sleep. I’m not one of those people who can go without sleep. Dave is though – he requires 5 hours of sleep to function at a high level (I love this and hate this about him). When I get 5 hours of sleep I’m basically a puddle of tears the next day. This week we’ve been on what feels like a newborn schedule with kids being sick and up at night and with me fighting the same virus so I haven’t had a solid night’s sleep in over a week and every day I’ve cried about something. When I wake up in the morning and I know I only slept 4 hours collectively the night before, I get real anxiety. I’m sure they make meds for people like me.
Your turn! What are you thinking about this Thursday? Are you one of those people who require 2 hours of sleep? When do you start listening to Christmas music? Do you spend all your money at the grocery store?