- Question for you: How long are you supposed to wash your baby’s clothes in Dreft? Because Atlas is 3 and I’m still using Dreft and I can’t bring myself to stop. I’m pretty sure when I drop my kids off at college and Dave is pulling me out of their dorm room, I’ll be shouting down the hall, “Don’t forget to only use Dreft on your clothes!!”
- Girls, can we all agree that few things in this life are as annoying as your hair getting stuck in your lipgloss on a windy day? Ugh. I’m cringing just typing that out and thinking about it. I think it bothers me more than it should.
- Last week, I decided I wanted to bless Dave with something special. We have this giant tree in our front yard and it is shedding leaves (is shedding the appropriate term here? I don’t know) at a ridiculous rate. I took the kids outside and decided I would let them play while I raked leaves and put them in bags so Dave would come home to a clean yard and one less chore. About 45 minutes into it, I realized it was the worst idea I’ve ever had, but I was committed at that point. When Dave arrived home that afternoon and asked me what the kids and I did that day, I almost cried. By the time he arrived home, so many more leaves had fallen, he couldn’t even tell what I had done. The only proof I had of my day’s labor were the bags of leaves in our garage and the blisters on my hands.
- Speaking of Dave. Can we talk about his alarm for a minute? Do you hear it going off in the mornings? Because it is loud. Like really freaking loud. The other morning his alarm went off and I was laying in bed thinking, “Are you on some sort of buddy system with the neighbors where you guys are trying to share an alarm because I’m pretty sure all of our neighbors can hear that.” Me on the other hand – I keep my alarm on the lowest volume possible. Since I became a mother, I now have the gift of being a light sleeper so I wake up at the sound of a fly sneezing. How loud is your alarm in the mornings? I will say, my back-up alarm (Andi Rose) is super loud.
- I’ve been binge watching Hallmark Christmas movies at night. I’m getting in the habit of staying up way too late working and it is just a bad habit all around, but I can’t seem to stop. Someone help me. I just keep getting sucked into these dang Christmas movies and now I’m completely convinced that I can be an actress in a Hallmark Christmas film. I think I have what it takes. I told Dave I want to film an audition tape and send it in and he was all, “You know – those actors don’t get paid a lot of money.” I was like, “You think I want to do it for the money? I would do it for FREE – just to be a part of the magic that is a Hallmark Christmas movie.” And no, I’ve never taken an acting class and I have no real theatrical talent, but I don’t think those are requirements for the job. I’m pretty sure you just have to wear super cute winter coats and love Christmas.
- I hate when people say, “Life’s not fair.” I know I will die on the inside the first time one of my children say that to me. I don’t like a pity party. But just between me and you, when I have to apply wrinkle cream AND acne cream I can’t help but think, “Life’s not fair.” Why must I apply both? It should be one or the other. My skin is going all kinds of crazy lately and I’m pretty bitter about it because I spent all my teenage years under the assumption that by my mid twenties zits would be a thing of the past. I also thought by my mid twenties I would feel like a real adult. I’m now in my late twenties and taxes still confuse me and my skin still breaks out – so I was clearly wrong on all accounts.
Don’t forget! Today is the last day to enter in my giveaway this week! Check out Monday’s post for the instructions on how to enter! 🙂 Thank you so much to all of you who have already entered – I love you guys so gosh darn much and I loved reading about all you’re looking forward to this Christmas. Your comments got me so excited for the holidays! ❤️