- Okay, how many of you out there have a Fitbit? All of you, right? Or maybe you have an Apple watch (you fancy thing, you). I’m pretty sure I’m the only person in the U.S. who isn’t on the fitbit bandwagon, but I’ve been thinking I really want one. I want to know how many steps I take a day and how many calories I burn! But then, I think about my day and I realize I don’t need any motivation to get moving. I don’t actually know how I could add more steps into my day if I really wanted too. I run. I walk dogs. I chase babies. I make 48 trips up and down the stairs with laundry. However, what would be helpful is a watch that tracked my caloric intake and then beeped repeatedly when I had reached my quota for the day, basically telling me to shut my mouth and the fridge. Now, THAT is something I would buy. But then I would probably throw it away when it beeped at me before noon.
- We’ve had a little cold bug circulating through our house the last 2ish weeks and I *think* we are finally over it. #praisehands It seriously knocked us all out for a few days where we couldn’t even leave the house and when I went to do the laundry, I realized all our dirty clothes were pajamas. Normally our laundry consist of 60% workout clothes but we literally stayed in pj’s for about 8 days straight so that was all I had to wash. Which leads me to my next thought…
- I love working out. You could probably call me an addict. But ya’ll – working out takes serious work! I don’t ever think about it because it is such a habit for me, but after taking a 2 week hiatus from working out, I’m coming back into it this week with a new appreciation for the sacrifice it takes. I mean, when I’m not working out there is less laundry to do and more good hair days and more sleep to be had. I didn’t wash my hair for 5 days and really, it was all good until late in the 4th day. And I barely used dry shampoo. It was glorious. But that feeling I get when I finish a great run is worth all the extra laundry and ratty hair.
- Andi Rose head-butted me tonight before I put her to bed. I was 99% sure she broke my nose (she didn’t). I know the Bible says don’t let the sun go down upon your wrath, but I’m going to be honest…I’m still a little mad at her and I’m about to go to bed. And I put her in her crib right after that and walked out of her room for the night, so I think it’s safe to say she went to bed pretty mad at me since I normally drag out her bedtime routine with extra snuggles and giggles (because I’m a sucker). She can be so sweet, but she is so rough. Like, seriously rougher than any boy I’ve ever been around.
- Atlas has been refusing naps all week, unless I lay down with him (because again, I’m a sucker). So guess who has been napping everyday? I lay down with him and try to stay awake but then he wants me to close my eyes since he has to close his eyes and then the next thing I know naptime is over and I slept through the entire thing. I can’t decide how I feel about this. Atlas has also been a booger about going to bed at night. He pulls the “I’m hungry” card so I’ve been bringing him an apple to eat in bed and he loves it. And then when he’s done with the apple I’m like, “Now, go to sleep!” and then I walk out and I see his lamp flick on and I ask, “Atlas, what are you doing?” from outside his room, to which he responds, “I’m just sleeping, mom.”
- Okay, can we talk about this sequin dress for a quick minute? Gosh! I think this dress is so gorgeous and perfect for the holidays! I keep thinking I’m going to buy it for a New Years Eve Party or something and then I remember we aren’t invited to a New Years Eve party because all of our friends have kids and if we do end up having a party to attend, it will end at 9pm…because we have kids (and because I’m old and tired). But this dress! I think I would even wear it on a date night – but then that would require Dave & I planning a fancy date night, which could be fun! Anyways, I just love it. If you’re going to a fancy NYE party will you buy it and wear it and let me live vicariously through you? Thanks.
- P.S. I rarely stay awake until midnight on NYE, but I’ll probably make it up until midnight tonight thanks to the Hallmark Christmas movie that just started (it’s called A Christmas Dream & it’s all kinds of adorable)…
Your turn! Chime in below in the comments! Do you make it until midnight on NYE? Any fitbit fans out there? Tell me why you love it!