Toddler Breakfast Ideas
Ask and you shall receive! When I shared how I make Andi’s baby food, I had a few people say they were more interested in what Atlas eats. I still plan on listing a few more baby food recipes because there was some interest in that as well, but I felt more people were interested in toddler meals. I plan on breaking this topic up into a few posts, based on meals (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner). Below you will find a list of my go-to breakfast meals for Atlas.
One more quick note: I’m not saying this is what your toddler should eat. This is just what my toddler likes. And my toddler isn’t all that picky, admittedly. This is just what works in the Andrews’ house. 🙂
Breakfast for Toddlers
- Eggs, fruit and (sometimes) turkey sausage – this is probably our most common go-to breakfast. He eats this 3 or 4 days a week. Usually he likes his eggs scrambled, but he will also eat fried eggs and hard boiled eggs. When his eggs are scrambled, I will mix in spinach and he doesn’t even notice the spinach. Fruit changes on the regular, but typically it is grapes, bananas or apples. He also likes his turkey sausage with a little syrup drizzled on top.
- Fried egg served over these frozen Alexia vegetables, topped with Avocado. This is a great way to get veggies in him first thing in the morning and it is easy. I just sauté the frozen veggies according to the package directions, fry the egg and dice the avocado. Throw all that in a bowl and voila! Breakfast is served!
- Toast topped with butter or smashed avocado or peanut butter + a side of string cheese + a side of cottage cheese
- This oatmeal is great for mornings when we are rushed.
- Pumpkin muffins – also great for mornings when we are rushed. Atlas loves them when made with the chocolate cake mix instead of spice cake mix. I also freeze some when I bake a batch for grab-n-go snacks. Just microwave for 30(ish) seconds after pulling them out of the freezer and they are warm and delicious. Atlas LOVES these.
- Smoothie – Our smoothie recipes change frequently, but our current go-to smoothie is almond milk + frozen banana + frozen blueberries + spinach + Juice Plus Complete + spoonful of peanut butter + honey. Atlas loves this because all the blueberries make it kind of blue (his favorite color)! If Atlas doesn’t get a smoothie with his breakfast, he usually gets one with his lunch or as an afternoon snack. We are big into smoothies in this house.
Alright, mamas! I think that about sums up the food in our current breakfast rotation. I know none of these meals are super creative, but it is what my buddy-roo likes to eat. Oh, and I should tell you this…if you ever ask Atlas what he wants for breakfast the answer will always be the same. Blue m&m’s. Every morning he ask for blue m&m’s and almost every morning the answer is no. 😉