- I’m in full blown fall mode over here. Except, I’m still in shorts and a tank top because it’s 90 degrees in Georgia. Mums and pumpkins adorn our front porch and I’m loving it so much…I just wish I could enjoy it without sweating my face off. I’ve got to soak up this fall decor while I can because Christmas stuff goes up the first of November.
- I snuck off to Target while the kids napped on Sunday since Dave was home to watch them. Going to Target alone is the stuff of dreams. I perused the store for over an hour (PURE bliss) and I walked away with these vitamins (I’m becoming obsessed with this entire line of gummies), some more fall decor (see thing #1) and some candles. This adorable sign was only $5. Target for the win. Every time.
- I also snuck away on Saturday during nap time to get a manicure. This happens about once every 5 months and it is something I should really do more often because having painted nails makes me smile.
- I got in a 7 mile long run on Saturday with Ob. It felt good…not great…but good, and I’ll take good. I posted a recap of week 1 of my half marathon training over the weekend too! If you’re interested you can check out that post. I forgot how much I love starting Saturdays with a long run. I also forgot how tired long runs make me.
- Atlas and I baked cookies on Saturday for my post-run recovery meal. He trashed them up with a million sprinkles and marshmallows. He’s so my kid. Seriously – if you haven’t made these cookies yet, you haaaaave to bake them! SO SO good.
- Baby wrap headbands are everything (this headband is also giving me all the fuzzy feels). I wish I was as cute as Andi Rose. I do want to point out though that we did run out for a few quick errands while she was in this outfit and she took off the headband and everyone told me what a cute little boy I had. Ugh. People!
- I got my pumpkin spice latte + breakfast sandwich from Starbucks on Sunday morning and it brought me an unreasonable amount of joy.
Our weekend was pretty low key. Both my babies are fighting a little cold, so we didn’t venture too far from home, but sometimes that’s just what the doctor ordered. We did get my phone fixed (yay!) and Dave updated my i-phone to the new software. The emojis are all different. I sort of hate change so I’m meeting this new software with some resistance. And I really want to know why they (‘they’ being the ‘tech gods’) made all these updates and they still failed to give us a cuter pumpkin emoji and a flamingo emoji?! #priorities
What was the best part of your weekend?
I’ve got to push the double stroller for my 5 mile run today because Dave’s work schedule is cray (I think I may be too old to say ‘cray’ but I’m going for it) and then I get to go to the dentist. Hooray for Monday!